When you stay with us you get amenities of a five star hotel with the comfort and surroundings of home.You’ll have full access to the historical areas of this home. Enjoy an evening sunset on the wrap around front verandah as you sip a drink… Choose sodas, bottled water, coffees or teas, all complimentary.
Take a bicycle tour of the village on bikes we have for you. Or see the countryside like yesteryear’s train passengers did. Much of the Pennsylvania Railroad has been turned into a trans-Ohio bicycle path linking Cleveland and Cincinnati. The bike route goes right through South Charleston.
Houstonia has five guest quarters each with its own unique character and set of features. [Special note: All of Houstonia's rooms have natural light coming from large windows on adjacent walls. This may not seem like anything special, but you'll immediately sense how pleasant it is to be in these rooms!]
Have you ever experienced the wonderful luxury of a feather mattress? Every bed at Houstonia has one. Certified non-allergetic.
Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten your toothbrush or your shoe polish. We keep a store of sundries available, with our compliments. Need to press your slacks? You’ll have the facilities. To take care of most any other need, just seconds away on foot down the street are grocery, drug & hardware stores, pizza parlor and sandwich shops, plus post office, UPS, video rental, and much more.
Two bedrooms have their own original and fully functioning gas fireplace for the ultimate of cozy atmospheres. The entire third floor is the Garret Suite, complete with private bath, bidet, sitting room and TV. Some rooms, may share a bath but with no more than one other room. All rooms have cable TV and are air conditioned for your comfort. Roll-away beds are available for a nominal charge.
- Guest room rates $85 – $140 double occupancy
- VISA, MC, Personal Checks, or cash acceptedMake a reservation online: Click here
Special weekly rates
- Ask about special rates for extended stays of three nights or longer
- Additional guests in rooms $20 per person
- Delicious country breakfast included
- Cancellation policy: Ten days prior to your scheduled arrival
- Special group rates
- Gift Certificates available
- Well-behaved children are welcome. Poorly behaved children are eaten.
- Sorry, no pets
- Check in: after 4:00 PM Check out: 11:00 AM.
- Guests receive a lavish full course breakfast, fruits of the season, breads, and meats. We buy our produce and farm products locally, so you’ll get a true flavor of the region.
Houstonia Bed & Breakfast
25 East Mound Street
P.O. Box 363
South Charleston, Ohio 45368-0363
Map & Directions
Make a reservation online: Click here
Contact Sherry and Jim Wahl, Innkeepers
Comments or questions are welcome.